Participants wishing to present a scientific contribution, oral or poster, must submit a single-page abstract or full manuscript. A contribution must be written in English following the formats given in the template, available below. The Organizing Committee will survey the submissions, select invited topical lectures (15 mins + 5 mins for discussion) and poster presentations. The Scientific Committee will select plenary lectures for talks of 40 minutes, plus 5 minutes for discussion.
The submitted abstracts must be formatted according to the PAPER TEMPLATE and cannot exceed 1 page.
Having in mind the technical demands related to the publishing of the Proceedings, participants are required to prepare their manuscripts using the paper template. Proper reference formatting is essential for Congress papers inclusion in the different bibliographic databases. References should be laid out according to APA style requirements. The paper should be written using PAPER TEMPLATE on A4 format pages including text, attachments and illustrations (figures, tables, equations, references), in accordance with the Instructions for Authors.
The paper should be made as follows:
- Font: 12 pt Times New Roman
- Margins: top and bottom 2.0 cm, left 3.0 cm and right 1.5 cm
- Title: 12 pt bold, all caps (centered alignment)
- Authors: 12 pt normal (centered alignment)
- Institutions: 12 pt italic (centered alignment)
- Abstract: 12 pt italic (centered alignment), one page A4
- Subtitles: 12 pt bold, (left alignment)
- Text: 12 pt normal (justified alignment)
- Figures, captions: captions below the figures, 11 pt italic (centered alignment)
- Tables, captions: captions above the tables, 11 pt italic (centered alignment)
The text should be single-spaced and pages should not be numbered. Authors should prepare images of adequate quality. The images cannot be scanned. The text and signs in the illustrations should be visible and readable. The International System of Units and commonly used expressions in the technical profession should be used in the introduction, experimental part, results, discussion and conclusions sections. Detailed mathematical derivations should be avoided. Necessary mathematical derivations can be presented in the form of one or more appendices. Full papers will be published in electronic form as a part of the Proceedings and there is no limit to the number of pages. Literature references should be cited in the APA style:
- Author, A.A. (2016). Article title. Journal Title, 13(4), 147-157.
- Author, A.A. (2016). Title of work. Belgrade, Serbia: Publisher.
- Author, A.A., & Author, B.B. (2016). Title of work. Belgrade, Serbia: Publisher.
Sort the reference list in alphabetical order.
In-text citations (examples)
|Number of authors||At the end of the sentence||As part of the sentence|
|Single author||(Wowles, 2017)||Wowles (2017)|
|Two authors||(Wowles and Mith, 2017)||Wowles and Mith (2017)|
|Three or more authors||(Wowles et al., 2017)||Wowles et al. (2017)|
The authors who submit their papers to the EEM2021 congress agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright over their work, while allowing Congress to place this unpublished work under a Creative Commons License, which allows others to freely access, use, and share the work, with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and its initial presentation at the EEM2021 congress.
- Authors are allowed to waive the terms of the CC license and enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution and subsequent publication of this work (e.g., publish a revised version in a journal, post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial presentation at the EEM2021 congress.
Authors are encouraged to post and share their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) at any point before and after the EEM2021 congress.
On-Site Poster Presentation Instructions (optional)
- Numbered poster cards will be available in the poster hall one hour before the session starts.
- Participants are responsible for mounting their posters during the presentation and removing them as soon as the session ends. Posters left up past that time will be discarded.
- Poster awards will be announced at the end of the day/session.
Poster size: The posting boards are 90 cm (width) x 100 cm (height). Poster size must be 90 cm (width) x 100 cm (height).
E-Poster Presentation Instructions (mandatory for all participants)
Please send your e-poster as a 1-page PDF file in portrait orientation to the mail address of the EEM2021 congress (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ) with the name and e-mail address of the corresponding author.
- Language: All e-posters should be prepared in English.
- File format: PDF (.pdf) only. File size less than 10 MB.
- E-poster size in pixel: 1080 width x 1536 height – portrait orientation.
- E-poster size in cm: 38.1 width x 54.2 height – portrait orientation.
- Font size: ≥16
- Logos/visuals, background color and fonts: according to your preference.
E-poster submission deadline: March 7th 2021 (midnight CET)
*By uploading your e-poster, you agree to have it published on the EEM2021 virtual platform for the period of 3 months following the EEM2021 Congress. The e-posters will be available at the following address: https://eem.tfzv.ues.rs.ba/index.php/posters/ and the password will be provided by the organizers.
- The presentation time should be strictly followed. Please stop when signaled by the Chair to do so.
- Users of Mac systems should be responsible for the compatibility with the Windows system used at the lectern.
- Taking the timelines into consideration, using personal laptops is not recommended unless under unavoidable conditions.
The guidelines for online participation will be available soon.
Basic presentation requirements
- Windows-compatible presentation.
- Presentation PowerPoint 2007/2008/2010/2011 format (PPT, PPTX, .PPSX).
- Please take steps to compress your videos (AVI, MPEG and WMV).
- Each slide should be designed to be concise, uncluttered and readable from a distance: Please include only keywords and phrases for visual reinforcement. Avoid lengthy text.
- Usage of fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Courier and Symbol are best presented.
AV Set up:
- Basic AV setup would be provided; slider with pointer, cordless mike, desktop mike, lapel, basic sound system.
- If you have any audio/video to be played, they should be checked one day before the session with the AV team.
Upload your presentation
- It is recommended to upload the presentation 3 days before the start of the conference.
- You can email the presentation to the designated conference email ID.
- However, if unable to send, you can always upload your presentation (save the presentation on USB Flash drive) on the conference day at the lectern. The USB Flash drive will be scanned before transferring the presentation to the presentation folder.
- Once the presentation is completed it will be permanently removed.